1. 2021 3D Goal Tracker
Recommended Girl Scouts® grade level: Daisy, Brownie, Junior
Skills girls build with this activity: Goal Setting
Stay on the trot.
Girls will stay on the trot when they use this tracker to gauge their progress against their package goal.
- One printed 3D goal tracker template
- One printed horse head template
- One recycled egg crate (Tip: One crate will make two goal trackers)
- String or ribbon
- One popsicle stick
- Tape or glue
- Crayons or markers
- Brown and green construction paper
- One googly eye
1. Cut the lid off of the egg crate, discard. Cut the bottom of the crate in half so that you are left with two pieces with six egg slots in each row.
2. Print the 3D goal tracker template. Color and fill in each horseshoe with the correct percentage of packages that get you to your total goal. Cut out and attach each horseshoe to one of the six egg pockets using tape or glue. The goal markers should start low and end on the highest goal.
3. Give the horse track a background by cutting slits into the green construction paper to mimic green grass. Tape or glue to the back of the egg crate.
4. Poke holes in the bottom of each egg pocket, large enough to place a popsicle stick in the hole.
5. Print and cut out horse head template. Use the template to trace the shape onto a piece of brown construction paper and cut out.
6. Attach horse head shape to the end of the popsicle stick using tape or glue. Give the horse head a googly eye and a mane using decorative string or ribbon, attached using tape or glue.
7. Place the horse in the first egg slot when the first package goal has been met and move along the track until you reach your goal.Download file