Girl Scout Juniors will love solving and creating word puzzles as they brush up on their cookie knowledge.
Fun with puzzles
- Pass out copies of the cookie crossword puzzle and invite the girls to solve it.
- When they have finished, go over the answers as a group.
- Give each girl a blank piece of paper or graph paper and a cookie flyer.
- Discuss the information included in the flyer. What kinds of facts do the girls notice? What information is most important to a cookie customer?
- Invite the girls to create a variety of word puzzles with the information. They can create word searches, jumbles, crossword puzzles, riddles, fill-in-the-blank sentences or cookie stories.
- Encourage girls to use an online puzzle-making site to create a crossword puzzle.
- Make copies of the puzzles that the girls created and invite the girls to assemble cookie puzzle books.
- For a fun mentoring project, girls can share their books with some Girl Scout Brownies.