Always follow the safety rules for selling Girl Scout Cookies®, listed on this page. Since you may want to keep this list on hand during cookie season, we’ve formatted the rules in a PDF document.
- Show you’re a Girl Scout – Wear a Girl Scout membership pin, uniform, or Girl Scout clothing (e.g., a Girl Scout T-Shirt) to clearly identify yourself as a Girl Scout.
- Use the Buddy System – Always use the buddy system. It’s not just safe, it’s fun.
- Be streetwise – Become familiar with the areas and neighborhoods where you will be selling Girl Scout products. Contact your local police department if you’re unsure about an area or neighborhood.
- Partner with adults – If you are a Girl Scout Daisy, Brownie or Junior, you must be accompanied by an adult when taking orders or selling/delivering product. If you are a Girl Scout Cadette, Senior or Ambassador, you must “buddy up” when selling door to door. Adults must be present at all time during cookie booth sales.
- Plan ahead – Be prepared for emergencies, and always have a plan for safeguarding money.
- Do not enter – Never enter the home or vehicle of a person when you are selling or making deliveries. Avoid selling to people in vehicles (except at designated drive-thru cookie booths) or going into alleys.
- Sell in the daytime – Sell only during daylight hours, unless accompanied by an adult.
- Protect privacy – Never give your name, home address or email address to customers. Protect customer privacy by not sharing their information, except as necessary for the product sale.
- Be safe on the road – Always follow safe pedestrian practices, especially when crossing at intersections or walking along roadways. Be aware of traffic when unloading product and passengers from vehicles.
- Be web wise – In order to participate in any online activities, you must have your parent’s/guardian’s permission, and you must read and agree to the GSUSA Internet Safety Pledge before conducting any online activities. Additionally, in order to participate in Digital Cookie™, you must read and abide by the Girl Scout Digital Cookie Pledge, and parents/guardians must read and abide by the Digital Cookie Terms and Conditions for Parents/Guardians.